Thursday, February 23, 2012

Are we getting too lazy because of technology?


We all know that technology makes our life easier but some apps make me really think if we are getting too lazy… Type n Walk is this kind of apps for me. This app lets you see what's in front of you while typing and walking. You can use it to compose your email, text message, status update, or tweet and paste it into your target app (or the browser) to send.
I came across this app on Pinterest. I am not saying this app is unsuccessful, it is a cool idea but do we really need this kind of apps?

1 comment:

  1. Actually, while this is a sad commentary on our lifestyle (that we require a camera in order to see where we are going), it's also a pretty useful app. This is the first time I've seen it.

    I think that the question is not so much, "Do we need this app?" but more, "WHY do we need this app?" Have our lives become so stressed and hectic that we cannot take the time to walk without having to multi-task? Or have we become, as a society, so inundated with information that we are too bored to just be able to walk?

    Frankly, I find it kind of disheartening. The need for immediate gratification has become overwhelming. But at least it will help keep the kids safe while walking. I feel sooooo old. Yikes!

    Kay in Honolulu, Hawaii

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...