Sunday, January 8, 2012

Get this app and run around the world!


I don't know what do you guys think about but i always get bored on the treadmill or exercise bike. Sometimes, i am listening to music or watching something on TV but they are not enough. After i heard about The Virtual Active: Bit Gym Edition, the idea of running around the world made me so excited! I can not wait to try it!



This app allows you to run through famous cities and landscapes including Northern Italy, downtown Chicago, the American Northwest, and many more.

 You can choose a basic or guided workout. Then, by placing the iOS device on an exercise machine, this app will monitor the speed at which the user is exercising and match the video playback to that pace, using “vibration-based exercise tracking”. you can even control your Ipod music directly, no need to switch applications.

If you want to take a break, the video will stop until you start moving again. The Virtual Active: Bit Gym Edition is compatible with treadmills, bikes and ellipticals, with ten locations. You can download the app for free but the videos available priced at USD 7.99 each. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm such a numbers person I have to watch them on the treadmill but this app sounds like fun. I'll have to try it for the days I'm doing long runs.

    Stopping by from the BlogZone community!

    http://east9thstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea for an app. Thanks for sharing it with us. I never knew such a thing existed. I've tweeted this for you.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...